The Block Island Yacht Club is pleased to nominate applications for the BIYC 2022 Maritime Scholarship from November
30. 2021 Students who have already graduated from Block Island School, intend to pursue a maritime career, and are currently enrolled in an undergraduate maritime university program at an accredited institution may receive up to $ 1,000 per year to advance their studies.
Students applying for the scholarships must complete an application process which includes providing:
1. Proof of current enrollment in such a program
2. Documentation of a semester completed in the same year with a minimum of 12 credits and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
3. Proof of high school attendance for at least three years at Block Island School.
4. The student will attach a short story (1 page) explaining their particular interest in obtaining a diploma related to the Maritimes.
Qualified students must submit completed application documents to Block Island Yacht Club, PO Box 502, BI, RI 02807,
To the attention of the secretary of the BIYC club before the deadline of February 1, 2022. Scholarships are awarded each year no later than March 31,
2022. Scholarship funds are sent directly to the eligible school to be applied towards future education expenses incurred by the student. Students are limited to one scholarship per year and may receive a maximum of five scholarships during their undergraduate experience.
Requests for nomination forms or questions can be directed to the BIYC Club Secretary at [email protected] or Jim Fiorato at